Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tagged!

I was tagged by Adrienne (Auntie A to me) some time ago and my response is long overdue. The rules of this tag require that I tag other bloggers that I enjoy reading. Well, listed here is a short list of my favorite blogs, with a brief description, who will pay the price of that admiration with a tag from me. These are not in any particular order.

1) Katie Alender is a mighty talented individual. Aside from having the talent to pull off the fabrication of colorful quilts and wonderful apparel (such as dresses I don't have the body for...literally), she is also a soon-to-be published author. This year will see the publication of Bad Girls Don't Die, which sounds an awful lot like the girls I wish I was dating! LOL! Katie's blog is always fun to read and diverse in subject matter. And since she basis her life on my teachings, she loves dogs. Winston, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, is as mischievous (if not more) than yours truly.

2) Abbey Roads and Abbey Roads2 is the product of Terry Nelson. Terry has a unique gift for writing some of the funniest (and serious) blogs dealing with anything from Catholicism to music, social issues, politics, and, more recently, biographical insights into his life. When you visit his blog, duck! You will notice how he has the ability to spark some very passionate debates between people who read what he posts and others who comment. It's also a characteristic of Terry to be funny without overtly trying to be funny. Visit his blog and you'll know what I'm talking about.

3) Jaime at Bell Literary Reflections is an avid reader. I envy her passion for reading, and her ability to conquer books in no time flat (almost through osmosis, so it seems). I look forward to the reviews she posts about her latest read since I reference it when browsing through local book stores here in Las Vegas. I also LOVE the cozziest little library/ reading room she made for herself and her husband!

4) Have you been properly catechized? What do you know of Catholic worship? Do you remember the meaning and purpose of your baptism? Do you like to irritate people by using words like "irregardless" or "very unique"? Then please visit Auntie Adrienne at Adrienne's Catholic Corner and use them as frequently as possible when you leave a comment. She will greatly appreciate it. LOL! On a serious note, Auntie A is the one you want heading the class in any RCIA or children's Catechism courses. She knows the faith and can inculcate newbies with traditional Catholic teachings rather than some convoluted discombobulation. But be careful of what you write when you visit her blog. You see, she has connections to Tony Soprano and his hoodlums, and subsequently her blog comes under their protection. That's why I resist the temptation to tease her irregardless of how much fun it would be!


There are other blogs not mentioned on this list that I enjoy reading and visiting very much.

5 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Thanks for the tag, Tom! I'm flattered!

And you and Winston are probably equally matched in mischief, but I'll bet his vet bills are higher than yours. Although I'm sure you both look very sharp in a cone collar.

Adrienne said...

I have to agree with you about Katie, Terry and Jaime. I found Katie and Jaime because of you and I thank you.

Jane said...

Wow, thanks Tom! I was really touched by your kind words. You really made my day!

uncle jim said...

and i think every one should be reading terry regularly - tom captures my sentiments nicely re terry.
of course i should be reading tom more, too. each time i come back and read, there's so much more there than i left with the previous visit.

Terry Nelson said...

You are so nice! Thanks very much. I've felt a little burnt out lately.