Monday, April 14, 2008

Notable Differences

It speaks volumes about the individual who is welcomed into the hallowed ground of the September 11th attacks in New York City by Catholics and non-Catholics alike. It speaks just as loudly when you are barred from entering the resting place of so many.




This man will be allowed to enter Ground Zero and pray. He will find solidarity with the families who still mourn their loved ones.







This man was PROHIBITED from setting foot on the hallowed ground.




Need I say more?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

The fact that the Pope is going there to pray makes me feel peace myself.

And who is that guy in the bottom picture...does that show how much I follow the news???

Jane said...

I'm glad Jennifer said something. I don't know who that guy is either!
Have a great day Tom!

Tom in Vegas said...

Jennifer and Jaimie-

The man at bottom of the page is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of Iran. He was forbidden to "pay his respects" and enter the site of the attacks when he visited the U.S. in September of 2007.

Shirley said...

God bless our Pope and give him the strength he will need on this visit. Watching the news last night, I noticed that the news team just HAD to show the protesters with their signs that proclaimed "Catholic priests are predators". Wish the news moguls could focus on the positive instead of the negative.

paramedicgirl said...

I didn't recognize him either.