Saturday, August 18, 2007

Critter Reverie


I catch The Critter while he sleeps in his lair, somewhere in the wastelands of Sin City. Oh so carefully I approach him while in slumber (top picture) when his super sensitive senses detect my presence. He snaps to attention! (bottom picture) Looks at me and studies the foreign apparition that has invaded his sanctuary. He tracks my every move without his deafening trademark growl or hint of aggression. He decides not to attack. Apparently, the Big Bird costume I wore while snapping this soon-to-be Pulitzer Prize winning pictures paid off. He passes me off as a giant, prepubescent canary who inadvertently strayed into his space while searching for Sesame seeds, or his way back home, or a specific Street, or whatever. What is important is that this adventurer was allowed to escape with his life and lives to write yet another chapter of the most ferocious creature to roam North America.

1 comment:

Mama Melissa said...

Adorable Critter!! What kind is he? (i won't tell Maggi he's fixed... she is too. ha) But that doesn't mean they couldn't be friends. She might run him to death though!! :)

Peace.