Saturday, February 14, 2009

Disturbing

I suppose the only positive notice I can mention involving this story is that the baby was not destroyed before it was born. That would have been punishing the infant for the failure of MANY people involved - or perhaps uninvolved - in the lives of these children.

VERY disturbing.





On a more positive note, Auntie A and her lovely little four-legged companions (Elle, Sophie, Angela and Erica) sent Toby a Valentines day package with some yummy treats. I want to take a few pictures of hyper-Toby next to his treats, but I'm in the process of fighting a real nasty cold (I missed school this morning as a result). Toby is VERY difficult to photograph, as some of you might imagine, and he goes after anyone and anything that gets his attention. In a few days I should be feeling better to take on the task of photographing this little puff of smoke, after which I will post the pics. Thank Auntie A!

This is Toby's first Valentines and he's already got the girls clamoring for him. Lucky dog:0)

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I was just going to email you to see how you were feeling. So glad it's not any worse. I was picturing you alone and sick. Meaning I would have to fly out there and take care of you....

Adrienne said...

...and what in hell is wrong with that kid. He looks and acts more like an eight year old. No I take that back. When I taught 4th grade some of the kids may have looked like that but they never, ever sounded like that...

The whole thing is a big ugh!

Shirley said...

Hope you feel better soon, and I am looking forward to Toby pics.

Tom in Vegas said...

Auntie A, you are so sweet:0)

Shirley, thank you. I hope to have the pictures up some time next week.

Melody K said...

This story is disturbing, on so many levels. As you say, at least the child is alive. I hope someone will be there to lend a guiding hand. Something I find puzzling; most 15-year-old girls are interested in boys who are 16 or 17. Middle-school boys (especially that immature) aren't on the radar.

Tom in Vegas said...

Melody-

You're correct, something here just isn't right. Now there is a report circulating about a second boy claiming to be the real father of the baby.