Thursday, August 5, 2010

Devotions Meme

My dear friend Terry from Abbey Roads has tagged me with a Devotions meme. I haven't been tagged in ages, and surprisingly, I've never been asked to complete a meme with this subject matter.

It's quite simple. Just list my five favorite Devotions, then tag a few of my blogger pals at the end. The first one should be of no surprise to anyone.

1) Mass/ Eucharist.

2) Throughout the day, I PRAY and REFLECT quite a bit on the closing Doxology of the Mass. I'm deeply moved by this simple collection of words that describe the Trinity so concisely, so completely, so deeply. I can't find a better description of the Holy Trinity than in this short prayer:

"Through him, with him, and in him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours, almighty Father, for ever and ever. Amen."

3) This one may sound a little strange, but I think those venerable monks who go deep inside themselves to look for God, understand where I'm coming from. Okay, here it comes:

I meditate on the knowledge that God is real, and that He exists, and because He exists I exist. Because of His incomprehensible and unimaginable love, and through His son Jesus Christ, we have been created and can share in the hope of someday seeing Him "as he is."

I know that sounded trivial, but it's profoundly meaningful for me.

4) Confession. A bundle of nerves before it, but feel SO renewed after it.

5) Rosary. Sometimes I'm at work and begin praying it, but in the hustle and bustle lose track of which Hail Mary I'm on. When I have doubts as to how many I've prayed, I'll say a few more just in case.

I tag any of my blogger pals who want to participate. (And hopefully some of you will want to!)

3 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

I meditate on the knowledge that God is real, and that He exists, and because He exists I exist. Because of His incomprehensible and unimaginable love, and through His son Jesus Christ, we have been created and can share in the hope of someday seeing Him "as he is."


Very contemplative - the practice of the presence of God also known as the prayer of recollection.

Shirley said...

I'll play!

paramedicgirl said...

Always remember that your guardian angel will complete your rosary if you leave any prayers unsaid. And they will pray it with much more fervor than we ever could.