Thursday, October 21, 2010

I never thought I'd defend Juan Williams, but the day has indeed arrived.

These are the comments Williams made during an interview with Bill O'Reilly that got the dipsticks at NPR all fired up, and ultimately cost him his job at NPR: "I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," Williams said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

I hope enough NPR enthusiasts take issue with the station's conduct and withhold their donations during the station's pledge drives.

1 comment:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Mr. Wiliams was thouroughly misrepresented. He had comments later on same program that revealed he is defintely not a bigot. He was just sharing his honest feelings and NPR, home of free speech as long as its always their kind, dumped him for it.

I think I heard FOX offered him a gig. For all FOXNews gets flamed by liberal media they appear to understand the true meaning of free speech.