Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm doing it all wrong

Christmas Eve was a huge payday for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac executives. The top executive echelons of the financially distressed companies received 6 million dollars a piece, with lower raking minions receiving about 2 million.

Here's the real outrage: ME! I'm going to school so I can better myself, while simultaneously working full time and taking care of my parents. Now I'm asking myself, "Does life really have to be this combative?" Obviously the answer is no. If I can divert my energies to smooching my way into either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac or an existing (government subsidized) corporation equivalent, I can make bank! After all, thanks to you, my fellow tax payers, the government will pay anyone anything for everything, regardless of the substandard work performance or the uselessness of the product being sold.

By the way, have any of these executives conclusively fixed the enormous financial upheaval plaguing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? Have they earned their pay?

Better yet, why don't we cut the middle man on the government's prodigal spending and just send your checks directly to me. Doesn't that make more sense to you? Why add Uncle Sam's second pair of hands to this process when it's infinitely more efficient to just handover your finances directly to me? Now all I have to do is smooch you good folks and not some bureaucrat who's a part of a good ol' boys network.

I can provide an address to mail your checks to for those of you who see the light.

3 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

here, here.... send it to me! :)

btw, i changed my blog addy to something that made more sense...

www.tochinaandbackandbeyond.blogspot.com.

hope it didn't cause you any trouble! just try to deter my sister's ex-husband from stalking my blog.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)
melissa

Tom in Vegas said...

Melissa-

See you at your blog! Sorry about your sister's ex.

Mama Melissa said...

ok, what about this one? i got the posts to import, just not my links and such... what do you think?

http://mamabeyondchina.blogspot.com/

my guess is he was doing a search for 'to china and back blog'... but i could be wrong.