Monday, April 9, 2007

First Light

In astronomy the term "first light" is used to describe the first light to shine through a telescope. I think an event like that might be analogous to my "first blog", which I'm posting here for the first time. I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this or whether I even have the time to commit myself (as many of you dedicated bloggers have) to updating my thoughts and chatter on a daily or weekly basis. But I will give it an honest try. Hopefully some of you will have your own wisdom to impart, and make sense of my non-sense.

Anyway, in my profile I stated that I loved music and that it was a vital component of my day-to-day life. Indeed it is, and now I have plenty of it to take with me where ever I go. This past Friday I bought an 80 Gig video iPod that should last me a while. This is my second iPod. The first iPod I purchased back in 2003 and it's somewhat anachronistic, when you consider what this fifth-generation iPod can do. My older iPod had a generic display with no video capability whatsoever. This new toy has a display that is crisp, full of color, and cosiderably more dynamic than that old contraption I used to carry. By the time I left the Apple store I had spent over $400 (cha-ching!) in iPod and peripherals. My friends were suprised it took me this long to do it.

I know. I'm either stupid for doing it or a dinasour for waiting so long. Criticism accepted.

Tom

No comments: